Pastoral Care Team Offers Support to Patients, Families, Friends
Spiritual care is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Along with responding to all trauma situations, the Pastoral Care Team offers emotional, spiritual, social and ethical support to all patients cared for by St. Mary's Regional Medical Center. This crisis-oriented spiritual and emotional support is also available to patients' families, as well as to the medical center staff. Chaplains assess patient and family care and support needs using models developed by the Association of Professional Chaplains and by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education. Chaplains function as part of the interdisciplinary team, providing care during the intense, emotional crisis of the unexpected events of medical emergencies and life-altering diagnoses.
Spiritual Care Services
Our spiritual care services include:
- 24/7 "On Call" support
- Trauma response
- Crisis support and counseling
- Advance directives, such as living wills and medical powers of attorney, information and assistance
- Health ethics committee referrals
- Contact with local pastors
- Catholic eucharistic minister visitations
- Complimentary gifts from hospital volunteers
- Compassion and support provided by Care Corp volunteers
- Organ donation discussions.
Our chapel is:
- Always open for reflection, prayer, and worship.
- Located on the 3rd floor across from ICU waiting room. Prayer requests may be written in the Prayer Log. Chaplains pray for those listed on a daily basis.