St. Mary's Regional Medical Center - Then and Now
St. Mary's Regional Medical Center in Enid, Oklahoma was founded in 1915 by Dr. G.A. Boyle as a 12-bed hospital named Enid Spring Sanatorium and Baths. The hospital was purchased in 1937 by the Adorers of the Blood of Christ of Wichita, Kansas and was leased by Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) from 1984 to 1995. The Sisters of Mercy Health System, St. Louis, Missouri, purchased the hospital in 1995 and made it a part of the Mercy Health System Oklahoma.
Several 'Firsts' for the Region
In August 2000, the facility was acquired by a subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) of King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. Since its founding, St. Mary's Regional Medical Center has grown to its current capacity of 229 licensed beds. The hospital was the first in the region to offer magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans, computerized tomography (CT) scans, cardiac catheterization, comprehensive neurological services, inpatient rehabilitation, wound care/hyperbaric oxygen therapy and a special care nursery.
Inpatient and Outpatient Services
There are more than 125 physicians and dentists on the medical staff of St. Mary's Regional Medical Center, representing a number of specialties, which are practiced both in inpatient and outpatient settings, including:
- Neurology and Neurosciences
- Emergency medicine – Level III Trauma Center and Level III Stroke Center
Our specialized units and facilities include our:
- Inpatient rehabilitation unit, accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for general, brain injury, and stroke rehabilitation
- Laboratory accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and American Association of Blood Banks (AABB)
- Women's Imaging Center, accredited by the American College of Radiology and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine program, which received a Center of Distinction award from Healogics, Inc.
St. Mary's Regional Medical Center is fully accredited for all services by The Joint Commission.