Inpatient Care at St. Mary's Resilience Behavioral Health
Resilience Behavioral Health is a 15-bed inpatient psychiatric unit for adults. The program provides psychiatric evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of a number of primary psychiatric disorders, including:
- Bipolar disorder
- Panic attacks
- Extreme anger and/or dangerous behavior
- Hallucinations/delusional thinking
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Severe mood swings
- Suicidal feelings and self-harming behaviors.
Acute inpatient hospitalization offers a therapeutic environment for people whose conditions do not allow them to be effectively and safely treated in an outpatient setting. We provide intensive psychiatric care, 24-hour nursing observation and care, interventions and oversight by psychiatrists and a highly coordinated treatment team of mental health professionals. Services offered include:
- Crisis stabilization — Helps patients return to a proper level of functioning by promoting emotional and psychological stabilization.
- Individual therapy — One-on-one therapy with a Licensed Clinical Social Worker to explore feelings, beliefs and behaviors.
- Group therapy — Where patients gain insight into their own thoughts and behavior and obtain support from others.
- Family therapy — Licensed Clinical Social Workers work with the patient and family members to help resolve issues together.
- Recreational therapy — Activities to promote health and wellness.
- Medication adjustment and management — Board-certified psychiatrists evaluate, monitor and adjust medication dosages.
- Medication education — Helps patients learn the names, dosages and times to take their medication.
- Nursing services — Provides patient-centered, supportive care and includes the administration of medication, individual and group education and the oversight of patients' daily health needs.
- Psychiatric services — Board-certified psychiatrists provide evaluation, medication management, treatment planning and have daily interaction with patients on the unit.
- Nutrition counseling — Dieticians provide nutrition counseling to patients who need or request it.
- Mental health technician services — These staff members help ensure the safety and wellbeing of each patient.
- Tuesday and Thursday, 7 to 8 p.m.
- Weekends and holidays, 3 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 8 p.m.
Visits are by appointment only for 15 minute slots. Call 580-233-2273 to schedule an appointment.